Hello again! I know, I know. It’s been ages since I’ve done anything productive here. I’m going to try and be a little bit more active and start doing weekly Memes. Whether it’s putting my spin on someone else’s blog meme or coming up with my own (I don’t think I’m THAT creative) I’ll try my best to do something every monday.
Guess what? It’s monday. It’s likely 8am SLT and that means…. I’m still asleep and this was made to post automatically. (Does that make me sound lazy? I swear it’s just an aversion to mornings) Today I’ve planned the Google Meme previously shown on Strawberry Singh’s blog. This meme is a mash-up of Strawberry’s idea and Emily from SLTimeWellWasted blog post.
Meme instructions: Google your SL name and answer the following questions. Don’t forget to leave a comment with a link to your post so we can all drop by, read and be nosy. Optional: click over to Emily’s blog and do her Google challenge as well. Don’t forget to leave a comment in her post if you end up doing it, so she can come stalk you guys too!
Before you start to answer these questions, open up a fresh browser and clear cache if you can. Make sure you are not logged into your Google account and it might even be better if you open up a incognito window.
1. Google your Second Life name in “quotations” and share your results. About 853 results (0.20 seconds) Does this mean I’m not popular? 😥
2. What is the first link that comes up? The Facebook Page for this blog comes up first.
3. Which link were you surprised to see? Does the Ad for Overactive Bladder count? Cuz that was surprising. My bladder is totally not overactive. Just so you guys know.
4. Click on the “more” tab and then click “news” and share your results. Nothing. I’m not newsworthy. 🙂 That’s surprisingly a relief.
OKAY! Now for the Emily part of this Google Meme. Her instructions were to Google ourselves under both our real life name and our second life name and share what comes up. Here are my answers:
1. How did the two digital footprints compare, and did that surprise you? SL has about 800 results and RL nearly 7k. I’m not really surprised because I figured it was more likely for more things to match and come up about my RL name.
2. Does anyone interesting share your name? Possibly, but really? No. I’m the only one with my name that matters. 🙂
3. Are you happy with the size of your digital footprint, or do you wish either one was larger/smaller? I don’t think I really care about the sizes much. Maybe my SL digital footprint could be a tad larger?
4. If you woke up/ logged in one morning to discover over night you had suddenly gained rock-star status, and everybody knew who you were and wanted to know what you were doing… what would you do? With popularity comes critics and haters and all that nonsense. My lives are pretty mediocre and for once, I’m happy with that. Popularity would mean chaos.
And that concludes today’s post. I’ll include the details of the picture in the beginning down below so stick around. 🙂
What I’m wearing:
Skin: Pink Fuel Harley <Peach> by Mochi Milena
Eyes: LAQ ~ Dazzling Sapphire Eyes by Mallory Cowen
Eyelashes: MG – Eyelashes – Wild Full Thick – BLACK by Maxi Gossamer
Eyeshadow: [PF] Shimmer Eyeshadow <Peach> – Heavy Smoke + Wing by Mochi Milena
Lipstick: [PF] Harley Lipstick <Peach> – Bubblegum by Mochi Milena
Hair: ^;^CaTwA^;^ Mesh Selena Hair  – color unknown by Catwa Clip
Top: Sn@tch Mesh Erin Argyle Sweater – Blue by Ivey Deschanel
Earrings & Necklace: Blacklace Santa’s Baby Snow Flake Earrings and Necklace (part of December group gift) by Mariska Simons
Mesh Hands: Slink Avatar Enhancement Hands – Casual by Siddean Munro